- Business Name: Aena Aiports Spain
- Street: Carretera Níjar Kilómetro 9
- Postal Code: 04130
- Area: Almeria
- Province: Almeria City
- Region: Andalucia
- Country: Spain
- Website: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Almeria/en/
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (+34) 913 211 000
- Listed: 29th November 2015 21:38
Almeria Airport plays one of the most important roles in the development of the province’s tourist potential.
Located at the centre of the bay of Almeria and eight kilometres from the city, it enjoys excellent communications with the province’s other tourist destinations, such as Cabo de Gata, Aguadulce, Roquetas de Mar, El Ejido and Mojacar.
During the 1990s, Almería airport did not stop growing until reaching almost one million passengers in 2000. To adapt to this new demand, the passenger terminal was refurbished in 1995, the new cargo terminal was opened in 2002 and the new departures building came into operation in 2009.
In 2014, Almeria handled 745,226 passengers, 10,760 flight operations and 8.5 tonnes of cargo.
840 total views, 2 today